As human beings we have a strong need to belong. Family traditions give us a sense of belonging and the security that we crave for. In the following article we look into a few simple ideas that you can apply to establish family traditions that go a long way.
1. Have Weekly Family Date Nights: Family dinners are great way to bond with each other. However, they can get boring and predictable after a while. One way to make things fun is to go out on a family date night, once a week, and do something new. Whether it’s hitting your favorite picnic spot or trying out that new restaurant in town, the idea here is to explore, learn and live together.
2. Hold an Easter Egg Hunt: It stands as one of the most popular family traditions. Finding goodies that are hidden around the house is not only a fun activity, but is also challenging. Parents enjoy hiding these goodies and the kids love searching for them - which makes it so exciting.
3. Decorate Bedroom Doors: Regardless of what festival is on, decorating your house in different ways with your family is a tradition that’s worth it. It's a good idea is to get creative with your bedroom doors. Get your kids involved and let them take the lead in house decoration. Give them lights and craft that they can use to make their bedroom doors unique.
4. Bake Some Cookies: We all love holiday festivities. What better way to get into the holiday spirit than baking delicious treats? Getting your family involved into baking and decorating cookies is a simple yet enjoyable activity. It gives each of member the opportunity to try their hand at being creative in the kitchen.
5. Decorate Bathroom for Xmas: The bathroom is important as any other important room, since guests will be visiting it during the Xmas season. As a family you can work together on making it more apt for the holiday. How? First and foremost, keep it simple. Hang Christmas related photographs or get the kids to create their own artwork to hang on the walls. Besides this, you can use fabric paint to turn plain towels into Christmas towels. Finally, don’t forget decorating with Christmas plants and flowers such as poinsettias, mistletoe or holly.
For more information please check my Disclosure Statement.